We finally got our hands on the official changes to State Code from December’s USA Softball of Alaska meeting, here is a look at those changes:
Social Media Policy
An extensive Social Media Policy pertaining to everyone that is involved as coaches, players, parents, guardians or other persons associated with USA Softball of Alaska has been established and can be read here
Age change (2.02)
All Players in Adult Slow pitch teams must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
Gone are the Comp men’s league and the Comp women’s league
- 1. Coed A, B, C, D, E, Faith, and Masters
- 2. Men’s C, D, and Seniors
- 3. Women’s C, D and Masters
- If a Player transfers to a lower classified team, said player will maintain their original classification level going into the following season.
- Male rosters shall include only male players and female rosters shall include only female players.
- The Board will meet following the offering of two sanctioned coed and two sanctioned men’s / women’s tournaments to consider reclassification of teams based on the current league and tournament results for that year. The board shall also meet at the call of the State Commissioner if needed. Teams affected must be notified no later than July 7th of each year.
- Review players and teams during season play for possible reclassification by July 7.
Classification guidelines (8.04)
- Coed D rosters may not contain more than one male from a men’s C roster.
- USA Softball of Alaska Restricted Players may only play at the highest level of classification offered.
- If a men’s team chooses to roster a player from the USA Softball of Alaska Restricted Player List, they will spot two (2) runs for that player and each additional restricted player on their roster.
- Coed rosters may have no more than one (1) restricted player from the USA Softball of Alaska Restricted Player List, they will spot four (4) runs for each additional restricted player.
- No player may be added to the USA Softball
- If a team chooses to pick up a player from the USA Softball of Alaska Restricted Player List that player will be added to their tournament roster. No players will be omitted from the team’s roster.
- Players from Coed Rec., Coed 5×5, and Coed 7-3 leagues are not eligible for Championship Play
Home Run Rules (14.01)
- Coed A Two (2) and Progressive Matching home runs for men and women
- Coed B One (1) and Progressive Matching home runs for men and women
- Coed C One (1) and done Matching home runs for men and women
- Coed D&E No Home Runs
- Men’s C Two (2) and Progressive
- Men’s D One (1)
- Women’s C One (1) and Progressive
- Women’s D One (1)