This year we’re celebrating hosting our 15th AkS Classic Coed Softball Tourney. Depending on the final toruney size we may need a few teams to kick off the tourney games Friday night so please keep that in mind and let us know if your team can play Friday.
This is our end of season coed tourney and we have three divisions:
- Coed Open Comp: Team can be made up of any players, even if they didn’t play on a coed team this season, THIS IS WHERE MEN ON THE RESTRICTED LIST AND TEAMS OF MORE THAN 2 MEN’S COMP PLAYERS SHOULD PLAY, limit of 2 restricted per team
- Coed Open C: Open rosters but players had to play in Coed C or D this year, limit of 2 mens comp players (that were registered in Coed C/D for 2017), no restricted players
- Coed D/E/Rec: Pick up up to 5 players that played Coed D or Rec this year, limit of 1 mens comp players (that were registered in Coed D for 2017) on a team, no restricted players
Frequently asked questions:
What is the difference between Open Comp, Open C and D/Rec?
In Open Comp anyone and everyone can play, you don’t have to had played Coed this year, it’s also where Coed Comp players, Men’s Comp (only) and Restricted players have to play. In Open C the players have to have played on a Coed C or below team during this season, this is also where your team should play if you are a Coed D team from this year but you have two Men’s Comp players that played Coed C or D in 2017 on your team OR you need more than 5 pickups. D/Rec are teams that played D or Rec during the season, if you are a rec team and want to get a 4 run spot during games your pick-ups have to be from other Rec teams, if you pick up D players you play as D, one men’s comp player that played Coed D in 2017 can play on a team in this bracket, limit 5 pickups in the D/Rec division.
I only played Men’s this year, can I still pick up?
Yes but you have to play in the Open tourney
Can my Fall Ball team play?
If your team is a new Fall Ball team you are welcome to play in the Coed Open C, if your Fall Ball team has the same roster as your league team from this season then sign-up in the appropriate division.
Can my 7-3 (Rec in Anchor Town) team play?
Yes, as a Coed Open C team as long as you don’t have any Coed Comp men and women on the roster and you can have up to two Men’s Comp Players that played Coed C or D in 2017
How are pick-up players rated?
Pick-up player ratings are based on the players highest rating this season, so if they played Comp at one association and C at another, they have to play as Comp.
Can Church and/or Faith League teams play?
Yes their rating would be as Open D unless a player or players on the team play on an upper level team, then they would take the rating of the highest rated player.
How Many Teams can I play on?
Only one team per player.
How do we pay for the tourney?
Aksports.com is running the entire tourney so we are paying for the field usage, the balls, the umpires and all the awards. To make it easier for the local associations we are also handling the fees. To sign-up purchase a ticket here on this site, the team fee, $300, can be paid three ways: 1) When buying the ticket; 2) bring a check to the tourney made out to AkSports ( if you have a sponsor); 3) bring cash to the tourney. Team fees MUST be paid before the second round robin game is played.
– – – –
What you will get for your team’s $300 entry fee:
- 5 game guarantee
- Unique hoodies for the winners and more shirts – We not to do AllStars and MVP’s but instead give out more team shirts including upgrading first place to hoodies and then t-shirts for second and third.
- Raffle tickets – everyone on each team’s roster will get a ticket and have a shot to walk away with prizes throughout the tourney.
To play your team needs to buy a ticket here rather than go through your local association, and coaches/managers will be responsible for getting us a team roster prior to the tourney so we can confirm the team’s level of play.
- Games will have a time limit, Championship and if game will not have a time limit. Three game elimination bracket seeding will be determined by Round Robin games. Please hustle in and out to try and to keep the games on time.
- Travesty Rule – In all games played; the 20 run rule is in effect after the third (3rd) inning, the 15 run rule is in effect after the fourth (4th) inning, and the 10 run rule is in effect after the fifth (5th) inning.
- All approved ASA bats will be allowed for this event.
- No Senior or Altered/Shaved bats allowed. If we suspect you are using one or get enough complaints about one we will ask you to remove it from play. Our guess is that every team will have 7-10 bats in their dugout so this will not be an issue so let’s keep this event clean.
- HR rules
- Coed Open: 2 and progressive per game, with the special twist, each team will be allowed to designate an unrestricted player each game. What does the unrestricted tag get you? Well the home run limits don’t pertain to you nor do your home runs count in the team’s totals, you can strike out but you can’t be walked.
- Coed C: 1 and progressive
- Coed D/Rec: 1 and done
Feel free to contact us with questions.